Nov 13, 2009

Everytime i think i've made up my mind about something... something else comes up and makes me think twice.. -.- ..

Like how in form 5.. i was so psyched to go for the trinity foundation (and dad was the one who made me so excited..hmm.. maybe i should listen to dad less XD) ...until i found out if i did that i wouldn't be able to practicse law in Malaysia... so fine.. i chose A levels instead...

Now it's about time to think about what to do and i've sent in my application for law.. but as a backup plan Aussie is still an option.. so i went with mum to JM education counselling centre to talk to the Melbourne Uni representative.. Dad has been telling me that his friend's daughter did some business degree in Aussie then went to UK to do law degree and all this in just 5 years... and somehow.. i dunno.. it seemed like a very good idea.. at least dad made it look fun.. about how a businees degree would compliment the law degree well.. blablabla.. such a convincing speech that i was looking towards the future with hope and ambition in my eyes~~~ haha..

*ahem*

Anyways... i thought getting a law degree from melbourne would allow me to practise in Malaysia.. but then.. the lady said so far ..there's no such thing.. and before she told me that.. she asked me. " Why do you want to do law?"

And i honestly froze for a while... i didn't know how to answer her.. i can't say..."coz my parents ask me to".. so... i paused and said out of interest.. which is partially true i guess... and then she asked me again..."which area of law specifically" ...-.- .. i told her contracts.. which again is partially true.. but after that she did lay down some of my options and i guess i have some stuff to think about...

I guess i don't know that much about law really.. and i hate to second guess myself.. law is definitely not my first choice... but after some a lot of brainwashing (i think it started when i was quite young..hmm..).. it turned out to be the most "logical" choice.. it's quite flexi when it comes to jobs in the future... it's useful? .. what else? .. challenging i suppose..? and there doesn't seem to be anything else i can do so.. why not...?

this brings back memories of when YongJie ask me why i wanna do law.. and he said.. "if you're gonna say you wanna uphold justice then why don't you be a policeman.." ermm... it made sense for a while.. but i think they're 2 different things XD ... but ever since then i don't use the "justice" reason anymore...

i think it may be stupid to think like this but.. if i do get rejected by the 5 unis in UK... then..it wasn't meant to be? i should do something else...? god is trying to point me in a different direction? i'm not capable of doing law...?

ahh.. whatever it is ... i'll just go with the flow -.- ... whatever will be, will be~~

-llen-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home