Jul 11, 2010

Gua Ma, le ho bo?

That means, " grandma, how are you?"

I'm not really close to my grandma as in we don't say much to each other. Mostly because I don't understand what she says and she doesn't speak anything other than hokkien. Nonetheless, i realise it's important to pay her a visit now and then because she's family and i know she likes me very much :) .. I'm not being "perasan" here but i KNOW she likes me..haha.. and how do i know?

When we were very much younger everytime we visit her she'd grab my hand and stroke it and say "ah ge..." And she doesn't do that to my brother and for all i know my cousins don't get that kinda treatment -.- .. She stopped doing that when i cut my hair super short i think..haha.. I found it kinda creepy for her to do that but i wasn't going to stop her from showing her affection the only way she knew how so i just let her stroke my hand...

And another proof is she used to go to the market and buy a lot of things that aren't necessary.. Like she'd buy a whole lot of towels and a whole lot of scissors of varying sizes.. And she'd keep them in her room..
So one day there were termites or something and my mum and her sisters went back to grandma's house to clear up her stuff and when they found all that stuff they were thinking "oh gosh.. why did she buy all this stuff??" And when mum wanted to take it home grandma was kinda reluctant to give it up but when mum told her she'd bring it back for me..grandma let mum take back a whole lot of stuff.. -.- ...

Anyways, this year the last time i paid her a visit was during chinese new year so i thought it's about time to go see how she's doing.. And what she did today was even more freaky :S ..

She came out from her room and i put her stool there for her to sit.. Then she just sat there and stared at me... even when mum talked to her she didn't really pay attention but she just stared... then when i looked at her she looked like she was gonna smile.. then suddenly looked like she was gonna cry.. o.O .. i was wondering "what in the world did i do wrong???"

So i told mum : "ask her if it's because i look like you?"

Then mum asked and grandma kinda laughed and said i became prettier and also because i look like my mum ._. .. although that was very nice of her to say...


But it's still very freaky for her to stare up and down >< ..

But after saying all this.. she's the only grandparent i have left and she's already 90 :O .. so i should just be a good grandaughter and let her stare at me -.- ..

-llen-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home