Dec 15, 2011

being thankful..

it's something i try to remind myself to do everyday..
i'm thankful for the people around me, the people who care for me.. i'm thankful there's food on the table.. i'm thankful for the things i have, both the small and the big .. i'm thankful all my body parts are intact and functioning..

sometimes it's easy to lose sight of everything that we already have.. i'm not saying i don't think about material things from time to time (been thinking of a new camera for a while now..hehe..and little decorative items that i don't need..or soft toys.. :3 gosh i do think about a lot of stuff don't i :/ .. unnecessary ones anyway) and it's certainly not wrong to get something you deserve and you really like.. but sometimes the thought that someone out there doesn't have food or clothes or shelter or anybody to love or who loves them, it gets me down a little.. even makes me guilty for having things i don't need... at the end of all this rambling i guess what i'm trying to say is, no matter how crappy you think life is, there's definitely something you can be thankful for (for example, if you're reading this, having vision is one :) )

of course there is a flipside to all this... and i ain't gonna go into that coz it's just gonna be me debating against myself in a blogpost which i clearly didn't think through properly.. coz i usually don't anyway..hehe.. maybe some other time..hmm..


-llen-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home