Jun 1, 2008

Round 1 : Bazhang -1 Me-0 :'(

I don't seem to remember when my mum first started making "ba zhang" ( chinese rice dumpling thingy..) but it feels like ever since i knew how to enjoy food i'd get mum's homemade ba zhang... she'll usually make it and we just eat it... she doesn't need our help or anything but something made me realise this year that these are the traditions in our family.. my aunts wrap their own ba zhang too and usually we exchange between families and erm..how do i put it... "discuss" about each other's ba zhang... and if i don't learn how to make it... how is the tradition gonna continue?? so today was the day.. my first attempt at wrapping the ba zhang...
Its a good thing my mum let me try... coz one of my aunts offerred to teach me but i declined since i know she is a perfectionist when it comes to making food look pretty... proof being when my cousin made it with her last year she told her "The ones you wrap don't mix with mine ahh.." ..haha..and that's even when the ones my cousin wrapped looked quite nice .. i think mom cares less about stuff like that.. so all the ones i wrapped today were ...ugly...lacking rice..and all of them needed my mum's help rectify the shape... it ain't easy wrapping that piece of thing... i'll get my revenge on that thing one day >< .. how would you feel if you were defeated by a ba zhang -.-....?

-llen-

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

anks for the compliment (about the one ur cousin made isn't quite bad)... hahahahahahha

and tradition?????? :D
next time we change the tradition... we do it together and share it out... the 'fruit' and the work... wat say u? hahaa

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home