Jul 6, 2008

5/7/08

Saturday was a long day for me...started in the morning...
I was actually gonna go for the Taylor's Clinary Challenge with Yi Min..but it was her bro's wedding so changed partner..to Chin Li... I was apprehensive.. but after a while i thought i should just go for experience... So picked her up from school and went there..
They said the surprise ingredient was chicken... well they didn't exactly announce it that way so i didn't really get it... and we don't know how to erm.. cut off the bones from the chicken... but anyhow we decided on pasta...my being used to mum's wok left me unprepared to use a pan to make spaghetti sauce... the pan was tiny... needless to say we didn't make it through the next round... since they cut from 29 teams to 6.... and ours didn't taste good...though it looked good..haha...
But it was good as well coz we got to learn pastry :) .... I feel kinda guilty for being more passionate about pastry and desserts than cooking... anyways... we learnt how to make choux pastry..and they did a flambe demo.. and we learnt how to cut fruits... not just simply cut lah...but cut with style...took a long time for me though...
after all the cooking and stuff went home to get ready to go to yimin's open house... she only invited Chinli and me coz she tot we were the nearest and her parents asked her not to call too many people... she moved to botanic..and her house was quite nice...it didn't feel like a semi-D to me...felt bigger.. then we took a stroll to the lake and just chatted... it's quite nice going to a friend's house... kinda forgot what it feels like... coz i haven't been to a friend's house in a long time... what to do... petrol prices increased...

-llen-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home