Apr 14, 2009

Greed...?

Growing up... i've been called greedy quite a number of times... and i do agree with that fact... I am a greedy pig... but i thought my greed was only restricted to food....
As a kid..(and even now) I love eating!! but the love was more..erm...how shall i say... more lustful when i was younger XD ... i'd open the can of chips dad bought and hide in the corner eating and when he walked into the dining area i would usually hide.. or i'd take chocolates meant for my brother after i'd eaten my share... hehe... thankfully i have more self control now...phew..

and now.... my greed has reached a different place... it's not about food anymore most of the time.. it's about education..

most people by now have an aim... something they know they definitely wanna do... me? i know what i want...but i want too much.... -.- ... it would be easy to pick one of the many interests i have and say "go for it" but... that's when the greediness comes in... like i'm afraid i'm missing out on something else... and it's like i want it all....

the way mum and dad put it...in their time it was much easier.. they ALL did form 6 (IF they still wanted to study after form 5)... and after that decided if they would work or continue their education... and girls would usually become nurses or teachers... guys became engineers...
mum said we have too many choices... too many options... too many courses to choose from..too many places we can consider for higher education (another headache) ...

I know eventually i'll have to sort this out... by myself (coz dad ain't gonna help me one bit -.- ...mum's more helpful...bro can't help me coz he doesn't have this procedure to go through..)...and i think i have to do it fast.... *sigh* ... we're supposed to fill out a student information form so that the lecturers can write our testimonials.... and we gotta hand the form in with a personal statement by 20th April >< ..
wonder if all colleges are so "kan cheong" or it's just taylors....

-llen-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home