Jun 12, 2010

Freedom!

11th June 2010 marks the day we are freed from A levels.. after 1.5 years.. finally, it has come to an end..

Right after my last paper i got an sms from Chin Li.. saying it's all over.. at that moment, i felt like skipping and hopping (which i obviously did not do -.-) so instead i was able to walk faster than usual XD .. Mum was tapau-ing Uncle Seng noodles so i walked there just in time!

Anyways.. today is also the first time i'm attending a prom.. and i didn't get a new dress.. i think i looked more like i was going to the beach (dresscode wasn't according to theme but the theme was Atlantis Odyssey so beach look should be acceptable!! XD) but anyways.. i have now learnt some valuable lessons from this -.- ..

No.1 Make up is no easy job.. i should've heeded the advice of Vianni and get someone to do it for me.. -.- .. hopefully with practice, i will be a more skilled female.. not to say i like makeup but with the proper techniques it could come in handy...

No.2 Pictures taken in normal light and with flash will have VERY different effects if makeup is applied.. and that's the reason why in the pictures with flash.. i kinda look like a devil.. :/ .. maybe it's best to test out the makeup with flash turned on before heading out..

No. 3 It is best to test out the contact lenses maybe a day beforehand?
Well, what happened was.. mum got me those contact lenses when she ordered for my bro so i decided to use them today.. but when i put it on.. i felt like i was partially blind..and my eyes were stinging almost all the time.. everything was so blurry.. either my power has increased or mum got the wrong power -.- ..

Overall, i guess it could be due to my discomfort but prom wasn't that big of a deal.. the performances i couldn't really see and the singing performances were not too impressive.. But it was nice seeing everyone dressed up and dolled up.. :) ..

Definitely gonna miss my college buddies :') ..


Oh.. and to add on to my beach look.. i wanted my hair a little wavy but it couldn't be done the way i wanted due to the quality of my hair (dry and straight -.- ) .. so the lady gave me curls which she said would loosen up after a while so i guess it was fine.. Mum took me to the salon my cousin always gets her hair done and as i was getting it curled mum said "wahh.. the more you curl the more you look like your cousin! " gee.. if even mum says that then the resemblance must be quite strong -.- ..

So cous,


do we really look alike??? -.-

-llen-

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

do we? hahahaha
i also dunno

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home