Nov 12, 2010

some habits are just harder to shake.....

i don't remember when this started but for as long as i can remember i've been a very good procrastinator... i would play first, do homework later.. read fiction first, read textbook later...etc..

And everytime a new phase in life begins, for example when college and uni started, i would start the year off with such energy! set high standards for myself! say to myself :"I will finish my assignments as soon as possible!! RAWR!!"

and for the first few weeks it works... and then i start to slack......

Uni hasn't been so bad thankfully.. i usually get work done early... and right at the start of the course i found out about our management assignment about environmental scanning... it was due today at 4pm...

I gave it some thought a few weeks ago but never got the ball rolling.. i put it on my to-do sticky note and looked at it everyday.... and yet... i only really started to do the assignment last week :/ ...

And then i put it off until a day before submission.. after one afternoon of typing and typing, i was almost done! and then....i... went on youtube ..... and i had a long skype session with chin li to plan stuff...
and then it was 1am already!! i ended up working on it till about 3am and it wasn't done yet so i woke up around 9 to finish it off..

When it was done i submitted it into turnitin, the software that's supposed to check for plagiarism and what not... and we were supposed to attach the turnitin report with our assignment BUT turnitin wouldn't give me my report D: ... and so as submission time drew near i decided to print my assignment first and worst-case if the report still wasn't out, look for the lecturer to let her know...

Thankfully lots of other people didn't get their turnitin reports on time either *chuckles* .. so the lecturer actually sent out emails saying that we could hand in the assignment without the turnitin...hee hee...

But after this very tiring experience.... i think i really need to stop procrastinating in future :/


-llen-

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Joeanney~ said...

sigh, me too...now im so lazy to study :(

2:57 PM  
Blogger SpiRiT3d TeeN said...

hahaah.. ellen!!
I hate the turn it in system too!! it suck!! Lesson I learn is never turn ur assignment in last minute!!! it will cause your adrelin rush!! :)

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home