Nov 20, 2010

what i've learnt so far...

1. i probably look very chinese ._. .. i mean, personally even when i see someone who i think is chinese i have second thoughts coz maybe the person might be malaysian, singaporean or hongkie...etc...so i don't directly speak to them in mandarin coz it'd be bad to assume and they end up being japanese and dunno what you're saying mah -.- .. so the other day i was trying to login to a probably faulty computer and this chinese dude just spoke to me directly in chinese saying he thinks it's faulty ._. .. but it's ok i guess... i'm proud of my heritage XD .. just a little embarrassed that my chinese isn't that pro.... :/

2. the cafeteria, amazingly, serves up pretty good curry! back home i usually ask mum to cook something other than rice coz i get bored of it but over here whenever they serve rice i try to pick the rice to go with the main dish coz it's been ages since i've had rice ._. so, many a time they have curry and rice and i must say... the curry is not bad! their nasi goreng sucks though..haha

3. the winds can get very strong at times...... so strong that it can make you feel like flying away.... when it's against your direction, walking gets a little difficult coz your eyes get watery apart from the force going against you... when it's in your direction and you're waiting to cross the road, it feels like someone is pushing you forward onto oncoming traffic.... (mama, you really must eat more before coming here ._. )

4. i realise they don't have fishballs here...... or i just haven't come across any ._. .. i dunno why but i suddenly felt like having fishballs one day.. hrrrrmmm.....

5. i think malaysian mcD is really better than the mcD here ...except for maybe one or two items that we don't have in malaysia ...

6. vaseline is a miracle worker...... when i first came i didn't bother with putting lotion on my hands.. and the wind and the cold soon made my finger bleed.. and my eczema which i haven't had in ages came back and my hands looked...zombified.... then i went to the doctor and he asked me to get a cream which didn't really help me ... but when i used vaseline...ahh...my human-looking hands returned :D

and that is what i have learnt so far in my two months here :) ..

plus the stuff i learnt in class of course XD ....

-llen-

2 Comments:

Blogger SpiRiT3d TeeN said...

lol.. yup vaselin is good!!! last time abt my scare for the burn, the dr ask me to apply vaselin too :)

i heard curry dish was UK national dish.. mayb tat y is taste yummy!! haha.. so u are nt self-catered?

10:59 PM  
Blogger llen said...

really?? this week somemore curry week..haha... *slurrp slurrp*

yea.. coz so last minute come in here my mum was afraid i wont know where to get the groceries so she told me to apply for catered..

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home