Apr 24, 2014

joys of being sentimental..

I usually think of being sentimental as a form of..weakness? It doesn't really come with a neutral feeling but somehow it feels kinda mushy and gives off the vibe of being unable to move forward and get on with life..

I admit to being quite sentimental. I think about the past a lot but even then I still find myself forgetting so much stuff..

I was going through some folders on my desktop and I found the personal statement I wrote when I applied to transfer to UoE .. I guess it reminded me of why I chose to pursue this subject and it's such a shame that I forgot all about it along the way coz I think it's the biggest reason why I didn't do so well in the past two years.. I lost my motivation, my focus, my drive. Studying Economics felt kind of meaningless for a while because it didn't really seem applicable..

This year I "realised" that I was drawn to the policy side of Economics..but looking at my personal statement, I seem to have been that way all along! (I actually wrote that I was interested in learning about the policies that different countries adopt to tackle the financial crisis).. so I didn't really realise it but I was just reminded of it... (I don't think words can convey the amazement I felt when I read that part, that the 19 year old already felt that way..)

It's all coming to an end soon, just when I was starting to enjoy it..Now I wish I'd read that personal statement everytime I felt demotivated.. but it's time to move on..

But going back to being sentimental... I guess it doesn't have to be a bad thing, it might give you a pleasant surprise :) 

-llen-  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home