Apr 12, 2013

Hitman: Absolution

Disclaimer: This post is going to be very ungirly :p

A few months back bro told me that the new Hitman was released!! (by released I kinda mean available for download :S) Despite being a big fan of the series I don't keep track of game release dates and i guess it's good that bro does so he can be the one updating me :p

Anyways, I downloaded the game but I never actually installed it coz I have so many distractions from studying as it is I decided to wait till after exams and maybe during my summer break when I have nothing to do I can play it... I did watch bro play it through screen share once and we were a little disappointed with it so he uninstalled it from him laptop ._.

BUT.. it's Easter break and I'm here visiting him so.. we decided to give it another go! So he reinstalled it and we played through the game.. usually if the two of us are there i would do the watching and he would be playing but this time i got to play a lot of it :3

So after anticipating this game for such a long time...i guess at first i was quite disappointed.. they've changed quite a bit of the gameplay and it took me a while to get used to.. as it is, i'm not the best gamer on earth ._. .. one of the extra features that wasn't in the older series is using "instinct" which at first seemed like such a pain but it did come in handy after all (but that could be because they've changed the way the AI responds to you) Previously when you put on a disguise you can get away with it quite easily (or so i remember) ..but now let's say you put on a policeman's outfit and walk past another policeman.. you won't be able to get away if you're too close or don't use instinct to get past.. but if you were dressed as a plumber and walked past a policeman you can get away coz the policeman wouldn't know if you were the real deal.. so in a way, it is a smarter and slightly more realistic way to approach things..

The plot was just ok for me though..felt a bit long-winded and predictable but i guess it wasn't bad...

All in all, i'm still a fan of the hitman series coz it's still fun to play.. i haven't come across any other game with hitman's appeal..the thrill of sneaking around and thinking of the best way to eliminate targets.. so i will be looking forward to the next instalment of the hitman series once more :)

-llen-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home